The 2020-2021 Canadian Lawyers Insurance Association (CLIA) Voluntary Excess Insurance Renewal is now open!
Please follow these step-by step instructions to submit your 2020-2021 application.
If you have previously completed an application online, please click on the “VEP USER LOGIN” button above and you can login with your previous login email and password. If you have forgotten your password, you will have an option to reset the password. Once logged in you will be able to view your previous application and make any necessary updates. If you require further assistance, please email email@example.com.
If you have not completed a previous application online, please click on the “VEP USER LOGIN” button below to register and continue with the steps below:
- To register for access to the VEP Application form, click on the “Sign up as a User” button. Complete the information and click “Submit”.
- Once you receive approval, you will be notified by email, you can click on the “Sign In” button and enter your email address and password you have created to access the online application.
- If you are not able to complete the application all at once, no need to worry, the application does allow you to save a partially completed application.
- At any time, if you have any questions or require further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As coverage is written on a "claims made" basis, all claims or incidents must be reported to your applicable Law Society prior to July 1, 2020. And while notice to the Law Society is deemed notice to CLIA, merely recording a claim or incident on your application is not deemed notice to the applicable Law Society or notice to CLIA. You must still contact your Law Society and make a report of any new claim.
You have asked and we have listened. We are very pleased to be offering several enhancements from the great feedback we have received from our valuable clients, such as you.
NEW THIS YEAR:
- An additional level of excess liability coverage, $6.5 million! This new level will be offered in addition to our existing levels of coverage.
- Retired Lawyers, we are very pleased to be offering you a 25% discount off the excess liability coverage rates. Details on how to qualify are in the application.
- We are excited to be offering a 10% discount to any firm referring a new client to CLIA for excess coverage. When the new client mentions they were referred, the referring firm will receive a 10% discount on their 2021/2022 application.
For further details on why to purchase Liability Insurance, please click here for further information.